Join Adam Wilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding components with form controls, part of Access 2016 Essential Training.
- Forms can have a variety of additional objects added…to them in order to help customize…their appearance and their functionality.…Collectively these additional objects…are called Form Controls…and you can find them in the Form Design View.…Let's go ahead and continue…refining our Employees Form here.…I'm going to open it by right-clicking…on it and choosing Design View.…That'll open up our Design Tools tabs here across the top.…We have the Design tab, the Arrange tab, and the Format tab.…On the Design tab we have this Controls group here…that has a listing of all the different Control Objects…that we can add into our forms to control the functionality.…
And in fact this isn't all of the objects at all,…there's actually two different lines here.…So if I scroll down here by pressing this button…you'll see that we have some additional options here.…If I press this button here you can see…both rows of items at the same time.…So we can go through some of these items…and use them inside of our form.…The one's that I want to pay attention to right now…
The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.