Table records store data about elements of your business or organization. In this video, learn how to add a new record to a table.
- [Curtis] Every time your business…hires a new employee, accepts a new order,…or adds a customer,…you need to enter that information into your database.…In this movie I'll show you how to add a new record…to a table.…I have opened the course database…and now I need to switch over to the visual basic editor.…To do that I'll press alt F11.…We're here in the visual basic editor…and I need to add a code module.…So, I will click insert,…and module.…And there I have my blank code module.…
I'll create a sub routine to add a new record to a table.…So, I'll call it sub add new record.…I'm not going to pass any information…or any arguments so I'll just use…an open and close parenthesis and enter.…And you see that access adds the end sub statement…marking the end of a sub routine.…The first thing you need to do…is to define a record set variable.…So, I will dim myR,…just short for my record set,…as recordset.…
Next I need to assign a particular record set…which could be a table or a query…to that record set object variable.…So, I use the set command, myR equals…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.