Using margin controls and padding controls makes formatting labels and text boxes quicker and easier. In this video, learn how to add space between labels and text boxes, apply padding to labels and text boxes, and change the page orientation of the report.
- [Instructor] When working with our reports, … if we need to move each control one by one … so the spacing is correct between labels … and text boxes, it can be very tedious … but we can use margin control … to change the layout inside of the controls … and our padding control … to change the amount of space between … and around our controls. … This lets us put a little white space … in between each of the records. … Another option that we have … is to change the layout from portrait to landscape … or landscape to portrait. … Let's jump into our positioning database … and take a look at our Employee Benefits report. … There's a lot of information in this report. … It would be easier to read … if we could add a little white space … in between each of the records. … Also, I want to make sure that the text … in my labels and text boxes is centered more … in each of those controls … so that the information doesn't get truncated. … Let's go into Design View. … I'm going to move my page footer down just a little bit …
- Modifying the database structure
- Managing table relationships and keys
- Exporting data
- Managing records and fields
- Creating and running queries
- Configuring form controls
- Modifying form positioning
- Grouping report fields
- Formatting reports
- Taking the practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Exam Overview
2. Managing Databases
3. Create and Modify Tables
4. Create and Modify Queries
5. Modify Forms in Layout View
6. Modify Reports in Layout View
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.