Comments document your code and make it easier for you and your colleagues to follow your logic. In this video, learn how to add comments to your code.
- It takes even the most skilled VBA programmers some…time to examine an unfamiliar workbooks code and learn…how it operates.…Whether your viewing a new workbook or one that you…created some time ago you'll find that adding comments…to the code helps you understand its operation much…more quickly.…In this movie I will show you how to add a comments…to your code.…I am working in the course database and I'll push Alt F11…to move to the visual basic editor.…Once here, I can insert a code module.…
So, I will click insert and then module.…And there we go.…I'll start by creating a fairly straight forward…subroutine so I'll just type sub and then name…Dbase, followed by left and right parenthesis.…And I am not emphasizing anything about the subroutine,…I just need something to work with so I will just…sort of gloss over what I am creating.…So I will go there.…And then let's say that it's message box and then in double…quotes the prompt will be this is the customer database,…period, and a double quote to end.…
Great.…So if I have a subroutine and I press F5 to run it,…
- Working with macros
- Running a VBA procedure
- Debugging VBA code
- Defining variables, constants, and calculations
- Displaying a calculated result in a message box
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Manipulating database objects
- Adding, editing, and deleting records
- Looking up values in a table
- Automating processes with macros
Skill Level Advanced
What you should know1m 38s
1. Introduction to Visual Basic for Applications
2. Define Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Add Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debug Your VBA Code
5. Manipulate Database Objects Using DoCmd
6. Read and Manipulate Table Data
7. Manipulate a Database Using the Application Object
8. Control Forms and Reports Using the Me Object
9. Automate Processes Using Macros
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.