- Creating a query with the wizard
- Defining query criteria
- Using comparison and wildcards in criteria
- Working with joins
- Creating parameter queries
- Using the built-in functions in Access
- Summarizing data
- Aggregating records with totals
- Working with dates
- Creating alternative queries: unmatched, crosstab, and more
- Writing queries with SQL
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Adam Wilbert, and I'd like to welcome you to Access 2016: Queries in Depth. In this course, I'm going to reveal the tools that you'll need to answer some of the most complex questions that you might have about your data, and we'll use some real world scenarios to explore how to leverage queries in order to bring a new level of insight and clarity to your raw data tables. We'll look at setting up queries from scratch to filter and sort your data in your database. I'll demonstrate how to perform calculations on numerical values and use some built-in Access functions to further refine the way your data is presented.
We'll also use queries to identify top performers, as well as to automate some repetitive analysis tasks. We'll see how to create flexible queries through the use of parameter requests, and by automating common decision-making routines through program flow functions, you'll save time and increase the accuracy and consistency of the data in your database. I like to say that a good database can give you more than what you put into it. Queries are where that magic happens. Where raw data becomes useful information. So, get ready to dig in to Access 2016: Queries in Depth.
1. Introduction to Access Queries
2. Creating Simple Select Queries
3. Creating Parameter Queries
4. Use the Built-In Functions
5. Aggregating Records with a Totals Query
6. Working with Dates in Queries
7. Understanding Program Flow Functions
8. Alternative Query Types
9. Writing Queries with Structured Query Language
Explore the basics of SQL5m 59s
10. Useful Query Tricks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.