The course also shows you how to build queries and action queries, create and design forms, use macros, integrate Access with the rest of the Office 2016 suite, and maintain your databases over time.
- Creating a new database
- Creating tables and new data types
- Importing and entering data
- Setting up relationships and primary keys
- Adding validation rules
- Sorting and filtering table data
- Building queries
- Designing forms
- Creating reports
- Attaching macros to buttons and tables
- Working with Excel and Outlook data
- Maintaining an Access database
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Adam Wilbert, and I'd like to welcome you to Access 2016 Essential Training. In this course, I'll walk you through the things that you need to know, in order to leverage Microsoft's newest version of their relational database program, Access. We'll start by taking a look at how moving your information into Access, can help make you more efficient with your time, and with your data. Then, we'll break the database down into its major compononents, and look at how each one contributes to the whole. We'll build tables to store our data, and attach rules to help minimize data entry errors. Next, I'll introduce queries, a powerful way to find, filter, and sort your data, to reveal exactly the information that you need, precisely when you need it.
With forms, we'll create the main user interface to your database, we'll build custom interactive elements with buttons and combo boxes, in order to help us populate our database with data efficiently. Finally, reports will help us create a structure for printed documents, and allow us to easily share insights about our data. So thank you for joining me, in Access 2016 Essential Training. Now let's get started.
1. Getting Started
2. Creating Tables
3. Setting Field Properties
4. Organizing Records
5. Using Queries
6. Working with Specialty Queries
7. Creating Forms
8. Designing Forms
9. Creating Reports
10. Working with Macros
11. Integrating Access with Office Suite
12. Maintaining the Database
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.