- View Offline
- Defining criteria
- Understanding comparison operators
- Using joins
- Creating parameter queries
- Using Expression Builder to work with functions
- Working with dates and times
- Creating conditional statements
- Finding duplicate records
- Creating backups
- Making, deleting, and appending records
- Understanding SQL basics and writing SQL queries
- Useful query tricks
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Adam Wilbert and I'd like to welcome you to Access 2013: Queries in Depth. In this course, I'm going to reveal the tools that you'll need to answer some of the most complex questions that you might have about your data, and we'll use some real world scenarios to explore how to leverage queries in order to bring a new level of insight and clarity to your raw data tables. We'll look at setting up queries from scratch to filter and sort data in your database. I'll demonstrate how to perform calculations on numerical values and use some built-in Access functions to further refine the way that your data is presented.
We'll also use queries to identify top performers as well as to automate some repetitive analysis tasks. We'll see how to create flexible queries through the use of parameter requests. And by automating common decision-making routines through program flow functions, you'll save time and increase the accuracy and consistency of the data in your database. I'd like to say that a good database can give you more than what you've put into it. Queries are where that magic happens, where raw data becomes useful information. So get ready to dig into Access 2013: Queries in Depth.