Disclaimer: Microsoft does not produce, provide, or endorse this video training course.
The course first explores the MOS certification program and highlights its cost, format, and objectives. Jennifer then walks viewers through all of the Access exam areas in detail. She explains how to create and manage Access databases, build tables, join tables with relationships, and create queries, forms, and dynamic reports. She includes free practice files to follow along while learning about each topic. There are challenges to test your skills at the end of almost every chapter, and the full-length, 50-minute practice exam at the end of the course will ensure you're ready for the real exam.
- Identify the location of the search field in a table.
- Recall how to update identical information across multiple records.
- Explain how to create a report that pulls information from two tables.
- Explain the difference between a split form and a subform.
- Identify two methods used to create a calculated field in a query.
- Summarize how to display information in a particular order when creating a report.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi my name is Jennifer McBee. And I'm here to help you pass the Microsoft Office Specialist Exam for Access 2013. I'm a certified MOS master instructor. And I've been mentoring students in Microsoft Access since 2006. We'll start with an overview of the different MOS certifications and how to prepare for the exam. Next we'll cover how to create a database, learn how to create tables and setup the properties such as validation rules, input math. We'll learn how to create a basic forms, how to write queries, we'll review how to establish relationships between tables so that we can combine information for queries, forms and reports from two or more tables.
Finally, we'll learn how to create professional dynamic reports. So we can share with others the information stored in our tables. We'll finish with a full length practice exercise to test your skills and your speed. When you can finish the practice exam in under 40 minutes. You're probably ready to take on the full Access 2013 MOS exam. Thanks for joining me on this Access 2013 journey.
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
2. Create and Manage a Database
3. Build Tables
4. Create Queries
5. Create Forms
6. Create Reports
7. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.