- View Offline
- Understanding table structures and relationships
- Setting primary and foreign keys
- Establishing relationships and maintaining referential integrity
- Sorting and filtering data
- Building queries with constraints and criteria
- Editing table data with queries
- Generating forms from tables
- Adding form controls
- Creating reports with totals and labels
- Embedding macros in buttons
- Repairing your database
- Protecting databases with passwords
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, my name is Adam Wilbert and I would like to welcome you to Access 2013 Essential Training. We'll start by taking a look at what makes a relational database work, and how moving your information into Access can help make you more efficient with your time and with your data. We'll build tables to store our data and attach rules to help minimize data entry errors in order to ensure that our data remains consistent and reliable. Next, I'll introduce Queries, a powerful way to find, filter and sort your data in order to reveal exactly the information you need precisely when you need it.
With forms we'll create a main user interface to your database. We'll build custom interactive elements with buttons and combo boxes to help us populate a database with data, and move around to accomplish different tasks efficiently. Reports will help us create a structure for printed documents and allow us to easily share insights about the data. And finally, Macros will help us automate tasks and keep everything running smoothly. So thank you for joining me in Access 2013 Essential Training.