Access 2010: Queries in Depth
In this course, author Adam Wilbert illustrates how to create and leverage real-world queries and turn raw data into usable information. The course covers setting up queries, performing calculations, using the built-in Access functions to further refine query results, and identifying top performers or areas for improvement based on a range of criteria.
- Naming conventions and best practices
- Working with joins
- Using comparison operators
- Defining criteria for select queries
- Creating parameter queries
- Creating calculated fields
- Working with dates and times
- Using the Expression Builder
- Creating conditional statements
- Making, deleting and appending records
- Building reports
- [Voiceover] Hello and welcome to Access 2010 Queries In Depth. My name is Adam Wilbert and I'm gonna take you deep inside what I consider to be the most powerful object within an Access database. We'll start out by taking a look at creating some simple select queries to pull relevant fields from our data tables. And then we'll combine those fields for multiple tables into single datasheet. We'll then apply selection criteria to our queries to limit the records that are returned to just the subset that best satisfies our question. We'll also use calculated fields to get a new perspective on the trends hiding within your database.
We'll see how to create flexible queries through the use of perimeter requests which will allow your end users to further define what results your queries return and by automating common decision making routines through program flow functions and conditional statements, you'll save time and increase the accuracy and consistency of the data in your database. Finally, we'll see how to hook our queries back into forms and reports for added functionality and we'll apply these lessons to the creation of a flexible reporting tool, all of this is so that you can get more out of your data base than just the data you put into it.
So let's dig in to Access 2010 Queries In Depth.
Access 2010 Power Shortcuts255,975 Views
Access 2010: Real-World Projects58,514 Views
Access 2013 Power Tips149,806 Views
Access 2007 Essential Training1,274,014 Views
Access 2003 Essential Training722,333 Views
Access 2010 Essential Training3,172,547 Views
Access 2013 Essential Training2,706,153 Views
Access 2013: Queries in Depth278,967 Views
Access 2010: Forms and Reports in Depth427,875 Views
Up and Running with VBA in Access592,205 Views