Join Josh Harris for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Remixing Techniques: Time Stretching.
- View Offline
Throughout this course, I'm going to assume you have a solid understanding of at…least one digital audio workstation such as Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Reason,…or Ableton Live, and at least a basic understanding of time stretching audio.…If you need a refresher on your DAW choice, please seek out the Essential…Training title for that DAW on the online training library here at lynda.com.…Also, I recommend you watch my previous course, Remixing a Song in Logic Pro.…
The course is geared toward Logic Pro users, but will benefit users of any DAW…wishing to gain a better understanding of the remixing process and provide a…glimpse into the craft that goes into creating a successful remix.…
- What is time stretching or expanding?
- Understanding how time stretching fits into the remixing process
- Working in Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, or Reason
- Calculating the tempo of the original track
- Dealing with wet vocal stems
- Importing vocals with the 10% time-stretch rule
- Comparing time-stretched vocals at faster tempos
- Putting a time-stretched vocal in context
- Setting up a session for double-timing a vocal
- Creating a 4/4 remix from a song originally in 3/4 or 6/8
- Tightening up a vocal that drifts from the click track