Join Josh Harris for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Remixing Techniques: Time Stretching.
Throughout this course, I'm going to assume you have a solid understanding of at…least one digital audio workstation such as Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Reason,…or Ableton Live, and at least a basic understanding of time stretching audio.…If you need a refresher on your DAW choice, please seek out the Essential…Training title for that DAW on the online training library here at lynda.com.…Also, I recommend you watch my previous course, Remixing a Song in Logic Pro.…
The course is geared toward Logic Pro users, but will benefit users of any DAW…wishing to gain a better understanding of the remixing process and provide a…glimpse into the craft that goes into creating a successful remix.…
- What is time stretching or expanding?
- Understanding how time stretching fits into the remixing process
- Working in Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, or Reason
- Calculating the tempo of the original track
- Dealing with wet vocal stems
- Importing vocals with the 10% time-stretch rule
- Comparing time-stretched vocals at faster tempos
- Putting a time-stretched vocal in context
- Setting up a session for double-timing a vocal
- Creating a 4/4 remix from a song originally in 3/4 or 6/8
- Tightening up a vocal that drifts from the click track
Skill Level Intermediate
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Time-Stretching Basics
2. Tools of the Trade
3. Technique 1: Speeding Up Vocals
4. Technique 2: Slowing Down and Double Timing Vocals
5. Technique 3: Creating a Composite Vocal from Multiple Time Stretches
6. Technique 4: Transforming a 3/4 or 6/8 Vocal into 4/4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.