Join Rick Schmunk for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Learning Ableton Operator.
- There are a couple things you should know before starting this course. In order to demonstrate all of Ableton Operator's features, we've built this course using Ableton Live 9.5. As such, some of the features that I mention in this course may not be available in the intro or standard version of Ableton Live 9. If you don't own Live Suite, you can download a fully-functional 30-day trial version of Live Suite 9 from the Ableton website. While you don't need to be fully proficient with Ableton Live, it will help to have a basic understanding.
Now let's get started with up and running with Ableton Operator.
- Choosing an oscillator waveshape
- Customizing oscillator waveshapes
- Sculpting sound with filters and filter envelopes
- Creating motion with LFOs
- Creating process EP, house bass, ambient FM, and other synth sounds