Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Audio + Music and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
Along the way, Yeuda reveals many live performance tricks using control surfaces and custom MIDI controllers that he's built, plus tips for playing and syncing up with other musicians and recording your live performance.
- Using Ableton Live or third-party controllers
- Choosing songs for a DJ set
- Building your decks
- Using EQ and gain to emulate mixer hardware
- Knowing when to use headphones
- Mapping the crossfader, EQ, and gain to MIDI controllers
- Looping with Beat Repeat
- Setting up multiple instruments on one track
- Creating a bus track for master effects
- Preparing your original productions for the stage
- Using commercial and custom MIDI controllers
- Live looping and live sample cutting
- Recording your live performance
Skill Level Intermediate
This course is about live performance and is designed for DJs, music producers, and any other musicians. I'm going to assume that you have a basic knowledge of Ableton Live and have access to at least one MIDI Controller, such as the Novation Launchpad or a standard MIDI Keyboard. If you need a refresher on using Live, you can check out Ableton Live 8 Essential Training or my Up and Running with Ableton Live course on the lynda.com online training library. Additionally, having a basic working knowledge of the MIDI Protocol will help you in understanding of the topics covered in this course.
That said, I created this course to be accessible to everyone. If you're new to live performance or making music with your computer in general, I hope that the techniques I'll be sharing with you will be informative and inspirational. Other than that, all you need is the passion and desire to take your live performance with Ableton Live to the next level.