- [Instructor] If you've ever been in the middle of putting together an Ableton Live project, and wished that it could do just this one other thing, or that there was one additional way of doing something, you're certainly not alone. Of course this applies to pretty much any piece of software. No one program, no matter how brilliant, can be all things to all people. However, with Live, there is a way to instantly take it to new heights, achieve things never before possible, all while leaving its stellar reliability intact, and without a particularly steep learning curve.
It's called ClyphX Pro. ClyphX Pro is a MIDI remote script that works as a scripting language. It functions in the same way that all control surface scripts do, except it's not tied to a particular hardware controller. At its core, ClyphX Pro allows users to control a wide range of Live's functions using simple word commands and parameters. Those commands can be triggered in any combination by a single clip launch or controller move, and there's a command for pretty much anything that Ableton can do with clips, scenes, tracks, devices, and much, much more.
One thing we don't have to worry about with ClyphX Pro is that it will introduce uncertainty into Live's stable performance. It's not a third-party extension or a separate application that runs in the background, it's simply an interface that gives us sophisticated access to Live's native features, including those that are not normally available for mapping to a controller, but only by clicking on the screen. For all these reasons, ClyphX Pro is an invaluable tool for Live performance. It gives us one more avenue to get away from the mouse or track pad. It can help with visual feedback, and generally bend Ableton Live to our will more easily while we focus on the music.
- MIDI looping with no click
- Multitrack looping
- Working with X-Clips in CylphX Pro
- Enhanced looping with ClyphX Pro
- Multiple loops
- MIDI and audio overdubbing
- Live recording with multiple looping points