Arrange songs for radio play and club remixes using four different digital audio workstations: Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Logic, and Reason.
- Hi, I'm Josh Harris and welcome to Remixing Techniques, Arranging and Song Form. In this course I will take you through the arranging process for a radio mix, club mix, and a radio edit of the club mix. I will also show you how to create what I like to call ear candy, those exciting moments and parts that give an arrangement a finished feel. I will do this in four different digital audio workstations, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Logic Pro, and Reason. I'll start by listening to the original version of the song.
? But I'm waiting ? I'm waiting in the road ? And then creating a sketch arrangement, which will help determine the musical direction. ? I'm waiting ? Next, I will develop drums, bass, and keyboard parts and then complete the arranging process. (music playing) And finally, I will mix down the finished arrangement for each song. If you're someone who has felt challenge by the arranging process, then this course should provide you with invaluable insight into this part of the track-making process.
So if you're ready, let's get started with Remixing Techniques, Arranging and Song Form.
- Reviewing the different types of arranging: music, remix, and radio/club
- Referencing a previous version of the song
- Listening to stems
- Creating a sketch arrangement
- Adding synths and guitars
- Developing the drums and bass
- Using time stretching
- Creating a radio edit from a club mix
- Adding special effects like drum fills and delays
Skill Level Intermediate
Remixing Techniques: Time Stretchingwith Josh Harris2h 51m Intermediate
Pro Tools: Music Editing for TV and Filmwith Skye Lewin3h 30m Intermediate
1. Arranging: An Overview
2. Arranging for the Radio
3. Arranging for the Club
4. Creating a Radio Edit from a Club Mix
5. Adding Arrangement Ear Candy
6. Final Listens
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.