Join Evan Sutton for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of A Prolific Music Producer's Workflow for Finishing Tracks.
- In this course I'm not including exercise files for each and every video, however, if you do have access to the exercise files, you'll be able to download some of the templates that I create on-screen.
Evan starts with the music production tools that can make it easier to see a song through to completion, such as templates, presets, and foolproof hardware setups. Next, he gets into the heavy lifting, mixing both songwriting and production techniques with tips for dealing with the psychological factors that may trip you up when completing a song. He wraps up the course with techniques that help to clear the final steps of song completion, including building transitions, adding ear candy, mixing strategies for increased efficiency, and simple mastering techniques, whether you choose to master your tracks yourself or hire a professional.
- Planning your track with a problem-solving mindset
- Prepping to record vocals and music
- Using DAW song templates
- Getting basic musical ideas down
- Making decisions that serve the song
- Using channel strip presets
- Creating sections and structure
- Building better transitions
- Adding FX, ear candy, and automation
- Mixing and mastering
Skill Level Intermediate
Pro Tools 12 Essential Trainingwith RIAN SKYE G LEWIN9h 53m Beginner
1. Planning Your Track
2. Production Heavy Lifting
3. Taking Your Track to the Next Level
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.