Join Josh Harris for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Remixing Techniques: Arranging and Song Form.
- View Offline
All lynda.com members have access to the asset files that we'll be using throughout this course. Since I'll be working in different DAWs, I've provided the stems that you'll need to get started in your DAW of choice. I've also provided a few loops and samples that you can use in your own mix. If you're a Premium member of the lynda.com online training library, you'll have access to the session files that I'm working with throughout this course. I've also included the finished mix sessions of each arrangement so that you can see my final work.
- Reviewing the different types of arranging: music, remix, and radio/club
- Referencing a previous version of the song
- Listening to stems
- Creating a sketch arrangement
- Adding synths and guitars
- Developing the drums and bass
- Using time stretching
- Creating a radio edit from a club mix
- Adding special effects like drum fills and delays