- Creating a default preset
- Creating richer sounds with oscillator tuning
- Using filters to sculpt sounds
- Shaping volume with amp envelopes
- Creating motion with filter modulation
- Creating different synth sounds, from saw bass to vintage lead
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Rick Schmunk and I'm happy to present to you Up and Running with Ableton Analog. Ableton Live is a digital audio workstation designed to help you compose, record, and mix your musical ideas. I'll be teaching you Ableton Analog and the basics of Subtractive Synthesis including how to choose wave forms and use filters, envelope generators, and LFOs to shape the sound. I'll show you how to add and detune voices, as well as stack sense to fatten the sound, or to enhance the sound stereo image.
Then, I'll show you how to apply effects like EQ, saturation, and compression to add character. Finally, I'll show you how to combine effects and layer software instruments using Live Racks and then map the parameters to knobs and switches on your controller, so that you can adjust them in live performance or use them as you record automation. So let me show you how to create and shape sounds using Ableton Analog.