- Tuning programmed drums
- Layering drum sounds
- Using parallel distortion
- Synthesizer programming
- Working with MIDI FX
- Layering synth parts with hardware
- Tracking vocals for maximum impact
- Prepping tracks for mastering
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Sutton] Hey, gang. Evan Sutton here, and welcome to tips and tricks for the modern producer. In this course I'll be talking about some of my favorite techniques that I use in the studio everyday that help me get through my sessions and create great productions. (pop music) I'll be going over things that I learned from other engineers as well that have made their way into my workflow. We'll be talking about drum programming and processing, synthesizer programming, vocal production tips and tricks, and getting your mix to sing with the proper balance, and how to get it ready for mastering.
This course is designed for people who are already pretty proficient with their dock whether you're using Logic, (techno music) Pro Tools, or Ableton Live. I can't wait to let the cat out of the bag. Let's get going.