Join Josh Harris for an in-depth discussion in this video Time stretching in Logic Pro, part of Remixing Techniques: Time Stretching.
Over the last several years, Logic has quickly become one of the most popular…DAWs for remixing and creating electronic music.…Much like Pro Tools, it has an elastic audio type feature called Flex mode.…So I begin with a blank session, and I'll import our Iyeoka vocal into the audio…bin, Simply Falling, 112 beats per minute, and I will change the tempo of this…session to 112, drag the vocal out into the Arrange window, close the audio bin…and expand the size of the vocal a bit so I can take a look at what is going on.…
The metronome is engaged, and I'll play the vocal just to make sure that…everything is indeed locked up against the click track.…(music playing)…Excellent! Everything sounds to be locked up against the click track.…Let's scan further into the song.…
(music playing)…Excellent, and as we scan further into the song around the bridge section,…we'll take a listen there and make sure everything sounds tight against the click track.…(music playing)…Excellent! Everything sounds nice and tight against the click track.…
- What is time stretching or expanding?
- Understanding how time stretching fits into the remixing process
- Working in Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, or Reason
- Calculating the tempo of the original track
- Dealing with wet vocal stems
- Importing vocals with the 10% time-stretch rule
- Comparing time-stretched vocals at faster tempos
- Putting a time-stretched vocal in context
- Setting up a session for double-timing a vocal
- Creating a 4/4 remix from a song originally in 3/4 or 6/8
- Tightening up a vocal that drifts from the click track
Skill Level Intermediate
Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Time-Stretching Basics
2. Tools of the Trade
3. Technique 1: Speeding Up Vocals
4. Technique 2: Slowing Down and Double Timing Vocals
5. Technique 3: Creating a Composite Vocal from Multiple Time Stretches
6. Technique 4: Transforming a 3/4 or 6/8 Vocal into 4/4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.