Join Yeuda Ben-Atar for an in-depth discussion in this video Push 2 new features, part of Making Music with Ableton Push.
- [Voiceover] Let's take a look at some cool…new unique features that Push 2 can offer.…I do want to note that Ableton still keeps updating…the Push 1 to add more features and fix bugs.…Some of the new Push 2 features…we're going to talk about are available for Push 1 as well.…Check out the Ableton website for…all the new features for the Push 1.…First, let's look at the browser.…When hitting the Browse button, we can see…we now have access to all of our files…that are visible to Ableton Live's browser.…
So under User Files, I can also see my…custom sample packs folder that…I've added from my computer.…You can never get the browser using the…knobs corresponding with each column…or with the arrow buttons.…(deep brass tone)…As you noticed, we are now also able…to audition any audio file or official preset.…You can turn off the preview right here.…
(deep brass tone)…To adjust the preview volume, hold Shift…and change the master volume to change the cue.…(volume decreases)…When hitting the Browse button,…Push will dynamically place you in the right place.…
First, Yeuda demystifies the many trigger pads, knobs, and buttons on the Push and shows how to map the device to Ableton Live. Next, learn to browse and load sounds and create drumbeats with the step sequencer. Humanize the sound of these beats by changing individual note velocity, length, and position and adding in quantization and swing. Then, learn to play Push like a pitched instrument, and use it to remotely control a Live set and Live devices. Along the way, Yeuda offers valuable lessons about basic music theory—concepts like notes, chords, scales, and time signature—that will make your experience with Push more rewarding.
- What is Ableton Push?
- What's new in the Push 2?
- Comparing Push 1 and Push 2
- Browsing and loading sounds
- Programming beats
- Recording drums in real time
- Adding quantization and swing
- Controlling the mixer
- Controlling Live devices
- Adding custom LED feedback
- Step sequencing melodies
- Browsing and loading third-party plugins
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Ableton Live 9 for Live Performancewith Yeuda Ben-Atar2h 20m Intermediate
Up and Running with Ableton Live 9with Yeuda Ben-Atar2h 11m Beginner
Ableton Live 9 Tips and Trickswith Michael Kiraly1h 7m Intermediate
1. Introducing the Ableton Push
What is the Ableton Push?2m 55s
2. Creating Music
3. Controlling Ableton Live
4. Tips and Tricks
5. Explore Push 2 and Live 9.5 and Beyond
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.