Evan starts with the music production tools that can make it easier to see a song through to completion, such as templates, presets, and foolproof hardware setups. Next, he gets into the heavy lifting, mixing both songwriting and production techniques with tips for dealing with the psychological factors that may trip you up when completing a song. He wraps up the course with techniques that help to clear the final steps of song completion, including building transitions, adding ear candy, mixing strategies for increased efficiency, and simple mastering techniques, whether you choose to master your tracks yourself or hire a professional.
- Planning your track with a problem-solving mindset
- Prepping to record vocals and music
- Using DAW song templates
- Getting basic musical ideas down
- Making decisions that serve the song
- Using channel strip presets
- Creating sections and structure
- Building better transitions
- Adding FX, ear candy, and automation
- Mixing and mastering
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hey gang. Evan Sutton here. Welcome to A Prolific Music Producer's Work Flow for Finishing Tracks. In this course, we're going to talk about approaches to work flow and mindset, to help you become a more prolific and more productive music producer. We'll talk about problem-solving. We'll talk about things like templating and tweaks to your work flow, such as presets that you can build yourself. We'll talk about prepping for recording sessions and getting everything ready to go. We'll talk about getting musical ideas down and composing, using the tools in front of you and keeping this simple. We'll also talk about building sections and approaching structure in a functional way.
Finally, we'll talk about the finishing touches to take your track across the goal line and knowing when you're done. So I hope you've packed a lunch, because we're in it for the long hual. (techno music)