Join J. Scott Giaquinta for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of DJing with Ableton Live.
- View Offline
- Thanks for watching this course.…I hope it's giving you some new tools for DJing…and also some inspiration to start experimenting…on your own.…Remember, music is a personal thing for everyone.…Your approach to DJing should be your own…so make sure that you figure out what inspires you…instead of following the crowd.…Anyone can be a DJ,…but not everyone can take people on a musical journey.…So make sure to figure out what makes you unique…and then rock it.…You can find me and my work on the internet by going to…soundcloud.com/jscottg.…
Also be sure to check out my other courses on lynda.com…including my three EDM production techniques courses…as well as the series of up and running courses…with native instruments plugins.…Thanks again for checking out DJing with Ableton Live…and I'll see you soon.…
Scott next introduces some performance tricks to wow your audience, by integrating loops, samples, and FX. He also provides a demo of alternative controllers that can make your performances more dynamic, including a Wiimote, joystick, MIDI keyboard, and live vocoder. Finally, he discusses methods to record your live DJ set and fine-tune it after the fact.
- Setting hardware, software, and templates
- Configuring your MIDI controller
- Importing tracks
- Keying and warping tracks
- Cueing music
- Harmonic mixing
- Transposing tracks
- Changing tempo
- Working with alternative controllers
- Recording your set