Join Josh Harris for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Remixing Techniques: Time Stretching.
Congratulations on finishing Remixing Techniques: Time Stretching, and thanks a lot for watching.…When it comes to creating vocal-driven remixes, the finished product is only…going to be as good as the quality of your vocal time stretch.…Let me put it this way, I've never had an artist ask me to make their vocals sound worse.…If you happen to be a Logic user, or even if you just want more insight into…my remixing process, check out my course Remixing a Song in Logic Pro, where I…show you how to take a song all the way from a dry vocal stem to a fully-fleshed out remix.…
Thanks again for watching this course, and best of luck to you on your future remixes.…
- What is time stretching or expanding?
- Understanding how time stretching fits into the remixing process
- Working in Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, or Reason
- Calculating the tempo of the original track
- Dealing with wet vocal stems
- Importing vocals with the 10% time-stretch rule
- Comparing time-stretched vocals at faster tempos
- Putting a time-stretched vocal in context
- Setting up a session for double-timing a vocal
- Creating a 4/4 remix from a song originally in 3/4 or 6/8
- Tightening up a vocal that drifts from the click track
Skill Level Intermediate
Audio Foundations: Compression and Dynamic Processingwith Brian Lee White2h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Time-Stretching Basics
2. Tools of the Trade
3. Technique 1: Speeding Up Vocals
4. Technique 2: Slowing Down and Double Timing Vocals
5. Technique 3: Creating a Composite Vocal from Multiple Time Stretches
6. Technique 4: Transforming a 3/4 or 6/8 Vocal into 4/4
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.