Scott next introduces some performance tricks to wow your audience, by integrating loops, samples, and FX. He also provides a demo of alternative controllers that can make your performances more dynamic, including a Wiimote, joystick, MIDI keyboard, and live vocoder. Finally, he discusses methods to record your live DJ set and fine-tune it after the fact.
- Setting hardware, software, and templates
- Configuring your MIDI controller
- Importing tracks
- Keying and warping tracks
- Cueing music
- Harmonic mixing
- Transposing tracks
- Changing tempo
- Working with alternative controllers
- Recording your set
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi. My name's J. Scott G, and welcome to DJing with Ableton Live. DJing has become a global phenomenon over the last decade. Since the gear's become readily available, more and more people are interested in learning to DJ. This course is designed for people who want to take a digital approach, using technology that goes far beyond what a pair of CD players, or turntables could achieve. In this course, I'll be showing you how to setup your system from the ground up, get your tracks imported, warp markered, and keyed. I'll also demonstrate techniques for standard mixing, harmonic mixing, as well as methods for precise tempo control.
In addition, I'll be showing you how to add samples, loops and a capellas to your sets, as well as setting up complex effects chains to further manipulate them. I'll even show you how you can do live vocoding, and we'll take a look at how to incorporate alternative controllers, like a Wii-mote, joystick, and keyboard. Finally, I'll be wrapping up the course by showing you how you can record your DJ sets, and then go back later to make finite adjustments, that will always turn out perfect. So if you want to take your DJ sets to the next level, then get ready for DJing with Ableton Live.