Join Yeuda Ben-Atar for an in-depth discussion in this video For Ableton Push 2 users, part of Ableton Push: Making Music.
- [Voiceover] All of the topics covered in this course are the same for Push 1 and Push 2 In the last chapter, we explore the differences between Push 1 and 2, and see all the new features in Push 2. If you already know how to use the Push, but want to learn about all the new features, skip to the last chapter of this course.
First, Yeuda demystifies the many trigger pads, knobs, and buttons on the Push and shows how to map the device to Ableton Live. Next, learn to browse and load sounds and create drumbeats with the step sequencer. Humanize the sound of these beats by changing individual note velocity, length, and position and adding in quantization and swing. Then, learn to play Push like a pitched instrument, and use it to remotely control a Live set and Live devices. Along the way, Yeuda offers valuable lessons about basic music theory—concepts like notes, chords, scales, and time signature—that will make your experience with Push more rewarding.
- What is Ableton Push?
- What's new in the Push 2?
- Comparing Push 1 and Push 2
- Browsing and loading sounds
- Programming beats
- Recording drums in real time
- Adding quantization and swing
- Controlling the mixer
- Controlling Live devices
- Adding custom LED feedback
- Step sequencing melodies
- Browsing and loading third-party plugins
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/29/2016. What changed?
A: Ableton released the new Push controller, Push 2. We added eight tutorials covering the new hardware and its integration with Ableton Live 9.5.
Ableton Live 9 for Live Performancewith Yeuda Ben-Atar2h 20m Intermediate
Ableton Live 9 Tips and Trickswith Michael Kiraly1h 7m Intermediate
1. Introducing the Ableton Push
What is the Ableton Push?2m 55s
2. Creating Music
3. Controlling Ableton Live
4. Tips and Tricks
5. Explore Push 2 and Live 9.5 and Beyond
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.