- View Offline
- The benefits of cloud architecture
- Core cloud-based architectural principles
- Monitoring resources and applications with CloudWatch
- Using Amazon Machine Image (AMI)
- Using Elastic Beanstalk
- Implementing message queues, Simple Workflow Service, and Simple Notification Services
- Setting up security groups
- Launching and connecting to an EC2 instance
- Elastic Load Balancing
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Using the AWS SDK
Skill Level Intermediate
(? Lynda.com jingle ?) - [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jeff Winesett, and welcome to Amazon Web Services Essential Training. The goal of this course is to introduce you to the core practices and principles needed to build cloud based applications that can take advantage of AWS's scalable infrastructure. I'll introduce you to the available services within AWS, and provide practical examples to give you the tools you need to build scalable applications. I'll start with a fairly general introduction to cloud benefits and architectural principles, and then move to getting very specific as to how these apply to AWS service offerings.
After I lay the foundation, I'll show you how to build upon this foundation by creating a scalable system architecture for a basic web application, showing you how to interface with AWS services, both through the management console, as well as programmatically through the API. Amazon Web Services is the current leading provider of cloud based services. If you're considering cloud services, familiarizing yourself with AWS is a must. So let's get started with Amazon Web Services Essential Training.