- View Offline
Sharif Nijim couples pragmatic advice with practical examples that educate organizations on how to create a secure infrastructure within Amazon Web Services. Sharif explores the shared responsibility model of security, which splits duties between your company and AWS, and introduces key identity and access management concepts: users, groups, roles, and policies. At the end of the course, he helps you prepare for the inevitable audit of your AWS account(s).
This course includes trademarks owned by Amazon Web Services. This course has not been prepared, approved, or endorsed by Amazon Web Services.
- The AWS shared responsibility model and security landscape
- Enabling CloudTrail
- Configuring AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Troubleshooting IAM policies
- Granting temporary access
- Incorporating least privilege
- Controlling access to Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Preparing for security audits
- Getting audit help from Trusted Advisor
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Sharif Nijim, and I'd like to welcome you to this course on Enterprise Security and Amazon Web Services. Amazon Web Services, or AWS, is the global leader in cloud computing. It's an exciting time to be an IT professional. We're in the midst of one of the biggest transformations in IT history. Startups are running in the Cloud from the get go, while established companies are migrating from running their own data centers to operating their infrastructure in the cloud. When preparing to use any cloud service, security is a top concern.
This course is designed to give you an appreciation of the security tools available within AWS. We'll start off by exploring the shared responsibility model, so you can understand where your responsibilities began and what AWS is accountable for. We'll look at how to effectively implement separation of duties. We'll delve into Identity & Access Management, giving you a thorough understanding for IAM concepts, including users, groups, roles and policies. Finally, we will explore the tools and approaches to help you prepare for the inevitable IT audit.
Let's get started.