- View Offline
- Exploring .NET in general and ASP.NET in particular
- Creating controllers and views
- Working with models and forms
- Managing data
- Creating web APIs
- Establishing connections with SignalR
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Up and Running with ASP.NET. I'm Mike Sullivan, and in this course I'll be introducing you to some of the major features of the ASP.NET web application framework. We'll talk about the different types of applications you can build using ASP.NET with things like the model view controller architectural pattern, or MVC. N80 framework to help us map database relations to objects and manage data access code. And web API which we'll use to create restful web services. Our final topic will be real time functionality through the use of a highly adaptive library called ASP.NET SignalR which we can use to implement things like push notifications or chat.
Application development is easier than ever with Visual Studio, a powerful code editor and development tool which we'll be using throughout the course. Whether you're completely new to ASP.NET or you're just looking to catch up with the latest version of the framework, there's a lot for us to talk about so let's get started.