Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the build process with MSBuild, part of Visual Studio 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In many circumstances, you can use the default build options for your project…and have a successful build.…There are times, however, when you need to adapt the build script to your needs.…I'm going to work with this project called CustomBuildProcess.…It has a simple WPF application, and I'm going to choose several different…compile options for this application.…I am going to start by editing a few of my Tools > Options settings.…Let's open this up.…We are going to look in Projects and Solutions and pick the General section.…Whenever you do a build inside Visual Studio, it can output the results of the…build process to this output window.…
So, I make sure that this is checked:…Show Output window when build starts.…I can also control how much information is dumped into that window by clicking…on Build and Run and choosing MSBuild output verbosity.…By default, I believe at Minimal.…You can pick Diagnostic, which gives you a huge amount of information, or you…can pick Quiet, which gives you virtually none.…
- Creating a Visual Studio project
- Building the user interface
- Binding to an RSS feed
- Coding with IntelliSense
- Creating rich Internet applications with Silverlight
- Building Windows applications with Windows Forms
- Integrating with SQL Server
- Working with Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding extensibility in Visual Studio
- Working with data, ADO.NET and datasets
- Using source control
Skill Level Intermediate
Silverlight 3 Essential Trainingwith Walt Ritscher6h 50m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Exploring the Visual Studio Workspace (IDE)
3. Building a Simple Application
4. Exploring the Code Editors
5. Working with Code
6. Understanding the Project Types
7. Digging Into Your Data
8. Debugging Your Application
9. Testing Your Application
10. Deploying Your Application
11. Working with Source Control
12. Integrating with Microsoft Office Applications
Making an Excel 2010 add-in5m 21s
13. Extending Visual Studio
14. Configuring Your Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.