Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a rich internet application with Silverlight, part of Visual Studio 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Silverlight is one of the shining jewels in the Microsoft toolkit.…If you are new to Silverlight, this movie will give you a quick overview.…If you want to learn more about Silverlight, there are a number of titles here…on lynda.com that provides more details about this rich platform.…What is Silverlight?…It is Microsoft's framework for building complex, visually rich, cross-browser…and cross-platform applications.…Developers can create web applications in familiar languages, like Visual Basic and C#.…Unlike HTML-based application, Silverlight has zero browser compatibility issues,…but it does require a browser plug-in to be installed on the user's computer.…
Silverlight is also one of the programming platforms for the new Windows Phone 7 devices.…I am going to create a brand-new Silverlight project inside Visual Studio.…To do that, I need to go to File > New > Project and then choose the…Silverlight section.…If you want to do a Silverlight 4 project, make sure you have the Visual Studio…extensions installed.…
- Creating a Visual Studio project
- Building the user interface
- Binding to an RSS feed
- Coding with IntelliSense
- Creating rich Internet applications with Silverlight
- Building Windows applications with Windows Forms
- Integrating with SQL Server
- Working with Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding extensibility in Visual Studio
- Working with data, ADO.NET and datasets
- Using source control
Skill Level Intermediate
Silverlight 3 Essential Trainingwith Walt Ritscher6h 50m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Exploring the Visual Studio Workspace (IDE)
3. Building a Simple Application
4. Exploring the Code Editors
5. Working with Code
6. Understanding the Project Types
7. Digging Into Your Data
8. Debugging Your Application
9. Testing Your Application
10. Deploying Your Application
11. Working with Source Control
12. Integrating with Microsoft Office Applications
Making an Excel 2010 add-in5m 21s
13. Extending Visual Studio
14. Configuring Your Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.