Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an MEF add-in, part of Visual Studio 2010 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
There were some major changes made to the architecture of Visual Studio in this release.…The old Visual Studio interface, including the code editor, was replaced with a…new UI written in WPF.…Then the extensibility framework was enhanced with the new managed…extensibility code bits.…What this means for .NET programmers is that it is now easier to write a…custom editor plug-in.…You no longer have to learn the ugly COM object model to be a successful add-in author.…I'm inside Visual Studio, and I've opened the CreateMefAddin Solution.…
This contains two extensibility projects.…The first one is enabled. The second one I have unloaded temporarily. That's…why it says unavailable.…Before you attempt to create an extensibility item, you need to install the…Visual Studio SDK, which I've done.…Now I can go to File > New > Project and choose my language and then this…Extensibility note. And here are some other new items that were added for the SDK.…
This is a syntax highlighter.…This adds graphics to the editor margin.…
- Creating a Visual Studio project
- Building the user interface
- Binding to an RSS feed
- Coding with IntelliSense
- Creating rich Internet applications with Silverlight
- Building Windows applications with Windows Forms
- Integrating with SQL Server
- Working with Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding extensibility in Visual Studio
- Working with data, ADO.NET and datasets
- Using source control
Skill Level Intermediate
Silverlight 3 Essential Trainingwith Walt Ritscher6h 50m Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Exploring the Visual Studio Workspace (IDE)
3. Building a Simple Application
4. Exploring the Code Editors
5. Working with Code
6. Understanding the Project Types
7. Digging Into Your Data
8. Debugging Your Application
9. Testing Your Application
10. Deploying Your Application
11. Working with Source Control
12. Integrating with Microsoft Office Applications
Making an Excel 2010 add-in5m 21s
13. Extending Visual Studio
14. Configuring Your Application
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.