Learn how to efficiently create RESTful services using ASP.NET Web API 2.2, a framework for building web APIs on top of the .NET Framework.
- [Jonathan] RESTful services are an increasingly important part of many different types of modern software applications today. With desktop, mobile, and web front ends equally able to use these backend services, it's more important than ever to know how to create them quickly, securely and efficiently. That's why I'm so excited to teach you about creating RESTful Services using ASP.NET Web API 2.2. I'm Jonathan J. Tower and I'm a Principal Consultant at Trailhead Technology Partners and a Microsoft MVP in ASP.NET.
In this course, I'll show you how to leverage very popular ASP.NET framework to build RESTful Services. I'll start by showing you the basics of organizing your code in an ASP.NET Web API project. The default conventions for binding your code to an HTTP request and how to override those defaults. We'll also look at topics such as getting data in and out of your services, handing errors that may arise, securing your services, as well as documenting and testing those services.
So, join me in my LinkedIn Learning Course all about Building RESTful APIs with ASP.NET Web API 2.2.
- Convention-based routing
- Binding your code to an HTTP request
- Validating models
- Using attributes to route requests
- Customizing attribute routes
- Data serialization and model binding
- Error handling
- Using exception filters and exception loggers
- API documentation and testing
- Securing your API