Build ASP.NET applications without an MVC framework. Learn how to use Razor Pages to build dynamically rendered pages and secure, interactive forms for your apps.
- [Instructor] Razor Pages is a first-class web development framework that sits on top of the lightweight, cross-platform, and super fast ASP.NET Core runtime. Hi, I'm Jess Chadwick, a Microsoft MVP and full-time web developer for over 20 years; and in this course, I'll guide you through everything you need to know in order to be productive with Razor Pages. I'll start by showing you how easy it is to start a Razor Pages application from scratch and how quickly you'll have your very first dynamically rendered page up and running.
Then, I'll show you how to structure your application for maintainability by applying concepts such as layouts, dependency injection, and putting application logic into classes to help keep it out of your markup. I'll also show you how easy Razor Pages makes it to create simple HTML forms and process the data that users send back. Finally, I'll wrap it all up by showing you how to lock down sections of your application so that unauthenticated users can't access them and a quick and simple way for you to log in yourself.
Now, we've got a lot to cover; so if you're ready to see what Razor Pages can do for you, let's get started.
- Creating a new application
- Setting up pages
- Rendering dynamic content
- Reusing markup with layouts
- Increasing the maintainability of pages
- Processing data
- Validating input
- Securing an application