Learn the basics to start creating your own professional-quality applications with ASP.NET Core MVC.
- In today's world of Cloud computing, micro-services, and containers, you need a web development framework that is lightweight, cross-platform and easy to deploy. For these reasons, Microsoft has decided that it's time to refresh its flagship web development framework, ASP.NET. ASP.NET Core and ASP.NET Core MVC are significant releases that introduce a more optimized developer experience, a better performing run time, and even cross-platform support that will allow you to run your application on Windows, Mac and even Linux.
Hi, I'm Jess Chadwick. In this course, I'll guide you through everything you need to know to get up and running with this powerful new framework. I'll show you how to create a new ASP.NET Core MVC application project, secure it with authentication and authorization, save and retrieve data to and from a database, and even expose some of that data as web APIs. What's more, I'll do all of this using industry standard patterns and practices, such as dependency injection and the MVC pattern to create modular and loosely coupled applications.
Now, we've got a lot to cover, so lets get started.
- Building blocks of ASP.NET Core applications
- Creating a new project
- Responding to HTTP requests
- Serving static files
- Understanding the MVC pattern
- Handling requests with controllers
- Rendering HTML with Razor
- Rendering data, view markup, and view logic
- Creating HTML forms
- Validating form data
- Reading and writing from a database with Entity Framework
- Improving the user experience
- Exposing data with a web API
- Securing your ASP.NET application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. The Model-View-Controller (MVC) Pattern
Understand routing4m 24s
3. Render HTML with Views
4. Work with Data
5. Improve User Experience with Ajax and Web APIs
6. Secure Your Application
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.