Join Jess Chadwick for an in-depth discussion in this video Using sections in Razor layouts, part of ASP.NET Core: Razor Pages.
- [Instructor] Using layouts to centralize common markup…is a great approach, but sometimes there are parts…of that common markup that sit outside of the main body…but still need to be customized for each page.…The application we're building has a great example of this.…The title of each page sits in the header…and not in the body so Pages can't easily change it.…Luckily Pages are not restricted to rendering content…only within the render body method.…Razor also offers another method named render section…that allows you to define additional sections of content…that Pages may control.…
To see it in action I'll copy the content…that's currently in the title container…and replace it with a call to render section.…Now this method has one required parameter,…the name of the section.…I'll call this one title.…Then if I save this and then go to the views…that use this layout…and tell Razor what content I want to render…in this section by using the section keyword…followed by the name of the section, like this.…
Then I can put whatever content I want rendered…
- Creating a new application
- Setting up pages
- Rendering dynamic content
- Reusing markup with layouts
- Increasing the maintainability of pages
- Processing data
- Validating input
- Securing an application
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying ASP.NET Core Applicationswith Nate Barbettini57m 57s Intermediate
Building Web APIs with ASP.NET Corewith Chris Woodruff1h 7m Intermediate
ASP.NET Core: Test-Driven Developmentwith Richard Rout37m 30s Intermediate
1. Razor Pages Intro
What is Razor Pages?3m 5s
2. Razor Pages Basics
3. Reusing Markup with Layouts
4. Building Maintainable Applications
5. Working with Data
6. Validating User Inputs and Securing Your Application from Unauthorized Users
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.