Join Jess Chadwick for an in-depth discussion in this video Securing your pages from unauthorized access, part of ASP.NET Core: Razor Pages.
- [Narrator] At this point, we've got…a pretty functional website.…We're showing recipes, and we even have…the ability to add an edit them.…The only problem is that it's not just us…that can add and edit these recipes.…Anyone with access to the site can make those changes too.…To solve that problem, let's take a look…at a couple of ways to lock down…the pages in your application to keep them…from being accessed by unauthorized users.…Regardless of the approach you use,…the first step to locking down any page…in your site is to enable authorization…in your applications configuration.…
To do this, go ahead and open up your application.…Start up class and add the following line…to its configure method, app dot use authentication.…Then you'll need to tell ASP net core…what kind of authentication you'd like to use.…You can do that with a call to add authentication…in the configure services method.…Though this method does allow you to call it…without any parameters, ASP dot net core…really expects you to tell it what your default…
- Creating a new application
- Setting up pages
- Rendering dynamic content
- Reusing markup with layouts
- Increasing the maintainability of pages
- Processing data
- Validating input
- Securing an application
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying ASP.NET Core Applicationswith Nate Barbettini57m 57s Intermediate
Building Web APIs with ASP.NET Corewith Chris Woodruff1h 7m Intermediate
ASP.NET Core: Test-Driven Developmentwith Richard Rout37m 30s Intermediate
1. Razor Pages Intro
What is Razor Pages?3m 5s
2. Razor Pages Basics
3. Reusing Markup with Layouts
4. Building Maintainable Applications
5. Working with Data
6. Validating User Inputs and Securing Your Application from Unauthorized Users
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.