- [Instructor] So, we'll build the app with React as the front end. So, let's scaffold the project with React, and then we will add some React components as we move forward. So, let's go to File, New Project, and we will keep the project in chapter two, video number 02 folder, which is 03_02, and let's name it CoreSpaWithReact.
Core, spa, with, React. Click okay. Now we'll select JS. It is already selected, just click OK. All right, the project is created. It is going to resolve the dependency, as you can see to your right hand side, the folder Dependencies, it is getting a yellow warning sign. When all the dependencies are resolved, the yellow warning sign will be gone, and then we will know that dependencies have been resolved.
So, let's give it a half a minute or so. All right, so it's all done. We just want to run and make sure that the project is running without any issues. Just click the run button. Okay good, we've got the site running with the default template. Now, before we move forward, we must set up the backend database. We will create the database, run some table scripts to create the tables, and some more scripts to create the procedures that we need for this application, so let's do that.
AuthorKazi Nasrat Ali
- Setting up a dev environment
- Front-end frameworks
- Templates: React.js, Angular.js, Vue.js, Aurelia.js
- NodeServices and Node.js
- Single-page application services
- Using HMR (Hot Module Replacement)
- Performing server-side prerendering
- Using node-chartist
- Creating a database, tables, and stored procedures
- Creating data models, controllers, and actions
- Adding React components and subcomponents
- Testing and publishing an app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring ASP.NET Core SPA Project Templates
3. Creating a React and ASP.NET Core App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.