Join Jess Chadwick for an in-depth discussion in this video Reuse view logic with injectable services, part of Learn ASP.NET Core MVC: The Basics.
- [Instructor] By this point in the course,…I've shown you several different HTML helper methods,…and you've accessed these helpers…from the special HTML and URL properties in the View.…And trust me, the more you use ASP.NET Core MVC,…the more you're going to want to create…your own helpers and custom properties,…and in this video, that's exactly…what I'm going to show you how to do.…For a good example of the need for a custom helper method,…take a look at how we're rendering the Posted.Date property.…When we leave it up to Razor to render it,…it ends up displaying some long string with the time,…including seconds and everything.…
But, what if we only wanted it to display the date?…We could change the code in this one place…to make that happen.…And that's all well and good,…but what if we applied this approach…all over our application?…And then we wanted to change the way…that we displayed all of our dates,…wherever they're rendered?…Well, then we'd have to search for all those references…and update them everywhere in our application individually.…
- Building blocks of ASP.NET Core applications
- Creating a new project
- Responding to HTTP requests
- Serving static files
- Understanding the MVC pattern
- Handling requests with controllers
- Rendering HTML with Razor
- Rendering data, view markup, and view logic
- Creating HTML forms
- Validating form data
- Reading and writing from a database with Entity Framework
- Improving the user experience
- Exposing data with a web API
- Securing your ASP.NET application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. The Model-View-Controller (MVC) Pattern
Understand routing4m 24s
3. Render HTML with Views
4. Work with Data
5. Improve User Experience with Ajax and Web APIs
6. Secure Your Application
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.