Join Tiberiu Covaci for an in-depth discussion in this video Package the application, part of Deploying ASP.NET Applications.
- [Voiceover] If you have a very simple application,…Xcopy deployment might be enough for what you need to do.…But, as I showed you, you would have to…manually edit web config, and if you…do that way too many times I would…think it would be better if you just…automate that, even in the simplest way.…So, now here is where web deploy comes into the picture.…So, as I said, we're going to move up on the list,…and what we have now we have IIS or FTP…or whatever else available, so let's try…and see which options do we have.…
We have Web Deploy, Web Deploy Package, FTP, or File System.…So, let's do the Web Deploy Package first.…So, with the Web Deploy Package I can specify location,…which would be D:\Deploy\WebPackage,…and I need to specify a site name.…The site name I will take it from…IIS if I have several sites, but in our…case we have only seen one single site.…If we look here in IIS, our site…name is called Default Web Site.…
Be aware that it is actually case-sensitive…when it comes to the names, so that's what…you would have to use in your deployment as well.…
- Choosing a deployment strategy
- Installing IIS manually and automatically with PowerShell
- Deploying to IIS with Visual Studio
- Deploying to Azure
- Deploying to Docker
Skill Level Intermediate
ASP.NET MVC: HTTP Request Life Cyclewith Janan Siam2h 15m Intermediate
ASP.NET Core New Features (2018)with Phil Japikse3h 4m Intermediate
1. Deployment Strategies
Choose a deployment strategy2m 47s
2. Preparing IIS Environment
3. Deploying to IIS
4. Deploy to Azure
5. Deploy to Docker
Next steps1m 45s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.