Join Jess Chadwick for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learn ASP.NET Core MVC: The Basics.
- [Instructor] Thank you for taking the time to explore…the ASP.NET Core MVC framework with me.…I know that it was a lot to cover,…but I'm confident that with the knowledge…you've gained from this course you'll be able…to start building your own web applications…using this framework right after you're done…watching this video.…Keep in mind that all of the source code…that I wrote in this course is available to you…just in case you want to run my sample application…and watch it in action.…Or if you need a quick reminder about which packages…to include or lines of code to write…in order to get your application working.…
Microsoft's own online documentation…at docs.asp.net is a great resource…if you get stuck too.…Once you've created your ASP.NET Core MVC Application…the next thing you're going to want to do…is deploy it to a production environment.…There are so many deployment options available to you…that we've separated the whole topic out…into its own course called Deploying ASP.NET…Core Applications, and you're definitely…
- Building blocks of ASP.NET Core applications
- Creating a new project
- Responding to HTTP requests
- Serving static files
- Understanding the MVC pattern
- Handling requests with controllers
- Rendering HTML with Razor
- Rendering data, view markup, and view logic
- Creating HTML forms
- Validating form data
- Reading and writing from a database with Entity Framework
- Improving the user experience
- Exposing data with a web API
- Securing your ASP.NET application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. The Model-View-Controller (MVC) Pattern
Understand routing4m 24s
3. Render HTML with Views
4. Work with Data
5. Improve User Experience with Ajax and Web APIs
6. Secure Your Application
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.