- What is XAML?
- What frameworks use XAML?
- Working with XAML and Visual Studio
- Exploring XAML namespaces
- Instantiating objects
- Subscribing to events
- Using XAML in Windows Presentation Foundations, Universal Windows, and more
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Walt] Welcome to my XAML Core Concepts course. Join me as I embark on a series to explore the Microsoft Extensible Application Markup Language. This XML derivative is a fundamental part of all modern Microsoft UI frameworks. It's behind user interfaces in Windows Presentation Foundation, Silverlight, Microsoft Mobile, and the wide-ranging universal Windows application platform. I'll start the course by looking at why markup is so prevalent in modern day UI frameworks. I'll look at the fundamental parts of a XAML file, and I'll show you my favorite XAML settings for Visual Studio 2015.
You'll explore XAML Namespaces, which provide a way to map .NET, and WinRT objects to a XAML elements and attributes. That's the topics for this course. I know you are ready to go, let's do this.