Join Jess Chadwick for an in-depth discussion in this video Leverage external dependencies, part of Learn ASP.NET Core MVC: The Basics.
- [Instructor] Unlike previous versions…of the ASP.NET framework…where the entire framework was installed on your machine…and automatically available to you…in any of your applications,…in an ASP.NET Core project, you need to explicitly opt in…to any libraries you'd like to use…including most of the ASP.NET Core libraries themselves.…In this video, I'll show you how to link…not only to those missing ASP.NET Core libraries,…but also thousands of other community supplied libraries…that you can use to help you build your applications.…
In order to do that, we'll use the NuGet Package Manager,…which has been a helpful tool…that's been available in Visual Studio for many years,…but has finally become an integral part…of ASP.NET Core development.…In order to get to the NuGet Package Manager,…simply right-click on the project…and choose Manage NuGet Packages.…When the NuGet Package Manager UI comes up,…you'll be on the Installed tab,…which lists all of the packages…that the Visual Studio template has already installed for us…
- Building blocks of ASP.NET Core applications
- Creating a new project
- Responding to HTTP requests
- Serving static files
- Understanding the MVC pattern
- Handling requests with controllers
- Rendering HTML with Razor
- Rendering data, view markup, and view logic
- Creating HTML forms
- Validating form data
- Reading and writing from a database with Entity Framework
- Improving the user experience
- Exposing data with a web API
- Securing your ASP.NET application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. The Model-View-Controller (MVC) Pattern
Understand routing4m 24s
3. Render HTML with Views
4. Work with Data
5. Improve User Experience with Ajax and Web APIs
6. Secure Your Application
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.