Join Phil Japikse for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing ASP.NET Core 1.0, part of ASP.NET Core New Features.
- [Instructor] ASP.NET Core 1.0…was released on June 27, 2016,…for Visual Studio 2015 update 3.…It used a JSON file named project.json…for project and package configuration.…This has changed with 2017, and we will…cover that later in this module.…Of course, built on top of .NET Core,…so you get all of the cross-platform capabilities,…as well as performance improvements.…
And different than MVC 5 and WebAPI 2.2.,…it is a single framework for web services and microservices.…Matter of fact, their name is just ASP.NET Core.…There really isn't an official MVC…or WebAPI distinction anymore, although Visual Studio 2017…still has separate starter templates…that will reference WebAPI or MVC.…So what is ASP.NET Core?…Very simply put, it's WebAPI plus MVC plus,…in 2.0, Razor Pages, all in one package.…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
Skill Level Intermediate
Set up the sample projects4m 49s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.