Join Jess Chadwick for an in-depth discussion in this video Increase maintainablility with dependency injection, part of Learn ASP.NET Core MVC: The Basics.
- [Narrator] One of the tenets that drives the ASP.NET Core…Frameworks design is a focus on being able to create…applications composed of lightweight and modular components…that each do one thing well.…One of the main ways it does this, is through built-in…support for dependency injection,…a development pattern which encourages loose coupling…between components.…To understand the value of dependency injection,…let's use the example of the configuration settings…that I introduced earlier.…
In its current state, this code is a very tightly coupled…to the configuration API,…since it has to know everything about where these…configuration values come from…and how to read them from the configuration object.…However, all this method really needs is a flag…that tells it whether or not to show the developer…exception page.…So let's create it now.…Why should it care if the value for that flag comes from…an environment variable or a JSON file?…Or even a configuration setting at all.…What if this method depended on a simple FeatureToggles…
- Building blocks of ASP.NET Core applications
- Creating a new project
- Responding to HTTP requests
- Serving static files
- Understanding the MVC pattern
- Handling requests with controllers
- Rendering HTML with Razor
- Rendering data, view markup, and view logic
- Creating HTML forms
- Validating form data
- Reading and writing from a database with Entity Framework
- Improving the user experience
- Exposing data with a web API
- Securing your ASP.NET application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. The Model-View-Controller (MVC) Pattern
Understand routing4m 24s
3. Render HTML with Views
4. Work with Data
5. Improve User Experience with Ajax and Web APIs
6. Secure Your Application
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.