This video covers the new environmental awareness in ASP.NET Core, and the updated configuration system.
- [Instructor] Environmental awareness is…another new feature is ASP.NET Core.…It uses the ASP.NET Core underscore environment variable…to determine what environment the application is running in.…There are built-in environment variables…of development staging in production,…and this value is used throughout ASP.NET Core.…It helps determine which configuration files to load,…you can run different code based on the environment…using the IHostingEnvironment framework provider,…and it's also used by the environment tag helper.…
Now, this simplifies deployment in testing.…If I have the environment set to development…on my machine and the configuration…for the development environment loads my local…sequel server instance, then when I move it…to staging, the staging configuration file can load…the staging connection string,…and production can load the production connection string,…et cetera.…This greatly simplifies the process…that we used to do in NVC,…where we would take to different web configs…and have to use the publish process in MSBuild…
- Running and debugging ASP.NET Core applications
- Pros and cons of migrating existing applications to ASP.NET Core.
- Built-in dependency injection
- Environment awareness and app configuration
- Web host configuration and SSL
- View components invoked as tag helpers
- Configuration and logging
- Using Razor Pages
Skill Level Intermediate
Set up the sample projects4m 49s
1. Get to Know .NET Core
2. ASP.NET Core 1.0
3. ASP.NET Core 1.1
4. ASP.NET Core 2.0
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.