Explore Swashbuckle, a tool that brings Swagger and its industry-standard API documentation web API.
- We've already seen how Web API help pages can help you…document your API project by just including a NuGet…package created for us by Microsoft.…However, there's another way to document your API…and it's called Swagger.…It's a very popular API documentation framework…and it implements a standard called OpenAPI Specification.…The OpenAPI Specification allows you, and your API…consumers, as well as other software systems,…to be able to understand the capabilities of your services,…either manually or automatically, without any access…to your code or internal documentation.…
Swagger makes it faster for you to create API documentation…and also makes it faster to integrate…disparate systems more quickly.…The OpenAPI Initiative that came out of Swagger now has…many industry leaders as members.…Companies like Google, Microsoft, SAP, and PayPal,…as well as many others.…So you don't have to worry about…this standard being adopted.…Let's look at how you'd add Swagger…to an ASP.NET Web API project.…Because Swagger is a generic cross platform tool,…
AuthorJonathan "J." Tower
- Convention-based routing
- Binding your code to an HTTP request
- Validating models
- Using attributes to route requests
- Customizing attribute routes
- Data serialization and model binding
- Error handling
- Using exception filters and exception loggers
- API documentation and testing
- Securing your API
Skill Level Beginner
ASP.NET MVC: HTTP Request Life Cyclewith Janan Siam2h 15m Advanced
1. Controllers and Actions
3. Data Serialization and Model Binding
4. Error Handling
5. API Documentation and Testing
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.