Join Jess Chadwick for an in-depth discussion in this video Development environment setup, part of ASP.NET Core: Razor Pages.
- [Instructor] Now that I've introduced you…to Razor Pages at a high level, let's talk about…what you'll need to do, in order to get your machine…set up to develop Razor Pages applications.…Because Razor Pages is built on top of the…ASP.NET Core runtime, the setup required to begin building…Razor Pages applications is no different than setting up…any other ASP.NET Core application.…In a nutshell, you're going to need two things:…the .NET Core runtime and a code editor…or IDE that supports .NET Core development.…
Now, I'm using Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition,…which I downloaded and installed…from Microsoft's website at visualstudio.com.…I happen to use the Community Edition…of Visual Studio 2017, because it's free for teams…of five people or fewer, but you're free to select…whatever edition of Visual Studio you like.…Regardless of the edition you select,…Visual Studio 2017 includes the ASP.NET…Core 2.0 framework in its installation package.…
So, just be sure to select the ASP.NET and web development…module in the Installer, and you should be all set.…
- Creating a new application
- Setting up pages
- Rendering dynamic content
- Reusing markup with layouts
- Increasing the maintainability of pages
- Processing data
- Validating input
- Securing an application
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying ASP.NET Core Applicationswith Nate Barbettini57m 57s Intermediate
Building Web APIs with ASP.NET Corewith Chris Woodruff1h 7m Intermediate
ASP.NET Core: Test-Driven Developmentwith Richard Rout37m 30s Intermediate
1. Razor Pages Intro
What is Razor Pages?3m 5s
2. Razor Pages Basics
3. Reusing Markup with Layouts
4. Building Maintainable Applications
5. Working with Data
6. Validating User Inputs and Securing Your Application from Unauthorized Users
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.