Join Jess Chadwick for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenges, part of Learning ASP.NET Core MVC.
- [Instructor] This course includes several videos called Challenges. Challenges are quick activities that give you a hands on opportunity to practice and master what you've been learning. I'll start each challenge by describing your core objectives for the activity. If the challenge involves any sample files, I'll tell you where to find them. I'll also give you a rough estimate of how much time it took me to complete the challenge. When you've completed a challenge, make sure to click the matching solution video.
In each solution video I'll show you how I solved the challenge and give you some of my thinking along the way. Note that any of the challenges I make in the solution videos are separate from any of the course content. So they will not be part of the code in the videos that follow the challenge. However, the changes shouldn't conflict either. So it should be perfectly fine if you want to make the changes to your local version and then keep them in place as you move on with the course. Completing challenges is a great way for you to master what you've been learning.
So, be sure to treat it as a problem that you may actually run into in the real world. But most of all, be sure to have fun with them.
- Building blocks of ASP.NET Core applications
- Creating a new project
- Responding to HTTP requests
- Serving static files
- Understanding the MVC pattern
- Handling requests with controllers
- Rendering HTML with Razor
- Rendering data, view markup, and view logic
- Creating HTML forms
- Validating form data
- Reading and writing from a database with Entity Framework
- Improving the user experience
- Exposing data with a web API
- Securing your ASP.NET application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. The Model-View-Controller (MVC) Pattern
Understand routing4m 24s
3. Render HTML with Views
4. Work with Data
5. Improve User Experience with Ajax and Web APIs
6. Secure Your Application
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.