Join Jess Chadwick for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge, part of Learn ASP.NET Core MVC: The Basics.
- [Instructor] In this chapter, I showed you how…to use a database to store and retrieve blog information,…but remember when I moved the Monthly Specials…into its own class and hard-coded the data in there?…Well, your challenge is to convert this class to store…and retrieve these specials from the database,…and once you've created the database tables,…you can create some rows in the database…using SQL Server Object Explorer in Visual Studio…in order to have some data to display in the application.…
You should probably be able to complete the code…for this challenge in about 10 minutes or less,…and then maybe a couple more minutes…to add some data to the database.…
- Building blocks of ASP.NET Core applications
- Creating a new project
- Responding to HTTP requests
- Serving static files
- Understanding the MVC pattern
- Handling requests with controllers
- Rendering HTML with Razor
- Rendering data, view markup, and view logic
- Creating HTML forms
- Validating form data
- Reading and writing from a database with Entity Framework
- Improving the user experience
- Exposing data with a web API
- Securing your ASP.NET application
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Basics
2. The Model-View-Controller (MVC) Pattern
Understand routing4m 24s
3. Render HTML with Views
4. Work with Data
5. Improve User Experience with Ajax and Web APIs
6. Secure Your Application
Next steps1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.